Why Should I Drink Water at All?
Staying hydrated is essential to keeping your body healthy and satisfied. For starters, our body is made up of 70% water so it is a no brainer that we need to provide our body with more and more water! There are many health problems, both long and short term, that can come about from dehydration. These include: migraines, dyspepsia, hypertension, kidney stones, breast cancer, uterine cancer, sinusitis, pulmonary tuberculosis, and obesity. In fact, the Japanese population is known to be one of the slimmest cultures and they drink water immediately after waking up!
So, How Can I Avoid Long Term Water Dehydration Effects?
• You should drink at least 650 mL (3 cups) of water right after waking up. Build up your tolerance to drinking this much water day by day!
• Avoid snacking or having breakfast for at least 45 mins after consumption.
Throughout the Day:
• Always drink water 30 mins before eating a meal
• Try to avoid drinking water two hours after a meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
When Will I See Results?
• If you are a patient with Diabetes or high blood pressure patients: allow 30 days
• If you suffers of constipation and Gastritis: allow 10 days
• If you are a TB patient: allow 90 days.
But, Really. Why Should I Drink Water?
Well, here are 7 reasons how drinking water immediately after waking up improves your life.
1. Increases Skin Radiance for a Flawless Complexion
• By drinking water, your body is able to release toxins faster, which will therefore give your skin that glow and radiance you may buy products for.
• In fact, 500 mL of water has proven to increase blood flow and make your skin glow while increasing production of new blood cells.
• The shortage of water in your body can also cause premature wrinkles and deeper pores.
2. Helps Weight Loss
• Besides being less hungry and decreasing cravings, by drinking water immediately after waking up, your body is releasing toxins, which begin a movement in your bowels. This process will recover and improve your digestive system.
3. Improve Metabolism
• If you are dieting, you know that just by drinking water on an empty stomach, you can increase your metabolic rater by 24%! By increasing your metabolic rate, you are digesting faster and therefore improving your digestive system.
• The water also purifies your colon, letting the organ absorb nutrients faster naturally.
4. Increase Shine and Hair Texture
• Did you know that water makes up 25% of the weight of one strand of hair? By decreasing water intake, you are actually causing your hair to turn thin and delicate. Just another reason why drinking water on an empty stomach will increase hair growth and hair characteristics.
5. Relieves Heartburn and Ingestion
• Heartburn and Ingestion can be caused by increased acidity in your stomach and acid refluxes in your esophagus. When you drink water early in the morning, the water pushes the acidity down and dilutes the stomach.
• The water will decrease the acidity in your stomach so that when it is time for your breakfast, you will be comfortable.
6. Inhibits Kidney Stones and Bladder Infections
• Just like with heartburn, the water will dilute the stomach acidity to decrease the chance of kidney stones.
• The more water you drink, the more toxins are rid of your body, which prevents bladder infections.
7. Strengthens Immune System
• Drinking water first thing in the morning flushes out the stomach and therefore balances the lymphatic system. A stable lymphatic system will help build a strong immune system, which will prevent us from getting sick as often.
I hope you have learnt about all the benefits of drinking water first thing in the morning! By diluting acidity and ridding toxins, water will be your best friend till the end!